Thursday, November 21, 2013

brothers


When you have two littles young and close, there comes a time in their lives that they discover a special friendship. It the kind of friendship that says, "Yes, if you take my toy I will clobber you...but if anybody so much as looks at you wrong, they're a dead man". But really it is even more than that. It is this sense of comfort and belonging. I witness it in Dallas and Will more and more everyday. Park, gym, home...these two really have chosen each other under any circumstance. Nothing is more joyful than spending time talking with the hubs, only to be interrupted by the laughter of two brothers effortlessly enjoying this special time of their lives where they get to be together. Sometimes its as fun as sliding down slides holding hands (and even legs occasionally). Other times it is as messy as jumping up and down between furniture tossing cereal and glasses of water.

   As a mother you hope these guys never take this relationship for granted. I think of my sister and I and how lucky we were to have each other through thick and thin. Even if there was that one time she drove me crazy enough to tie her up to a chair (my family will never let me live this one down) I remember craving her company and being so proud she was my sis. Jay and I have discussed bringing a third child into these boys lives. Although, there is by no means a selected time frame (sorry Dad), I do have a curiosity about what three will be like. Its so uneven, and so out of my comfort zone. But I see such an overprotective, gentle side to both of my boys. I know they would welcome another with loving arms. But until that day comes near or far, I will cherish this blossoming relationship these two are developing. I will continue to learn and realize these relationships are what give depth and meaning to life. So thankful to be a mother and so blessed to call these boys mine. 

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet bond they have together. I bet they would be even more protective of a baby sister!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just made me smile and brought a slight tear to my eyes... what a precious post Brittany. And that photo is just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, this is pushing me to the side of having another baby! still on the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! My sister and I are only 22 months apart (and only 1 year is school) and we have always been best friends. There is nothing like it. Our cousins joke that we have our own special language. Siblings are the best!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the sweetest photos ever! I am preggo with my first boy and I dream about having another child soon so they can develop the exact relationship you are talking about. I want that relationship to blossom and be cherished.I remember how close my little sis and I were growing up. I will never forget it and I want our future lil man to have the same. Thank you for writing this so beautifully!

    I'm a new follower and I'll follow you on your social media next. Love your blog!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww great photo- a bath time shot is the best. I think it's so great they will always have each other. My sister tackled my other sister over some ankle studded boots and she still cant live it down :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In love with that picture. Most favorite pictures of the week :)

    Cathy Vargas
    Vintage Girls
    www.vindiebaby.com

    ReplyDelete